Tuesday 10 April 2012

And then gardening

Now that the weather has remembered about that rain stuff, it's time to do some work in the garden before the precipitation returns. This morning was particularly fine and sunny so I got up early and did some weeding. Since the demise of the allotment I have made a cunning plan to widen a border and grow some food. Standing in my way are some particularly awful shrubs. One clearly comes from a cutting taken from the thorn bushes under Rapunzal's tower. Falling in would definitely blind you, prince or no. I have been doing battle with it for a while. It being covered in thorns so nasty they go through sturdy gloves. Today I got the spade to it and discovered treelike roots. Nearly there and the wet earth is on my side too. Take that, evil evergreen thing!

No comments: