Tuesday 6 March 2012

GKC

As the happy owner of an iPad, I have downloaded a few books. For a mere £1.99, you can get lots of GKC, so I have. Just as I've never played Brahms 3, despite suggesting it repeatedly in repertoire meetings, I've never read any GKC and that's easier to put right. First up, Eugenics and other Evils and it's all very pertinent. The issue and the manner in which public debate is conducted in this country and how people react to the prospect of things changing for the worse via legislation. If I could work how to copy text into a blogpost I would.

2 comments:

On the side of the angels said...

Whoah....

Eugenics & Other Evils is his toughest book by far!!!

I'd seriously recommend an easier , gentler route...through the essays of tremendous trifles, a miscellany of men, alarms and discursions etc..then on to Heretics, Orthodoxy , the Thing, The Well & The Shadows, What's Wrong with the World, The Catholic Church and Conversion...The Everlasting man etc...while in-between throw in a Fr Brown or a Man Who Knew Too Much , Club of Queer Trades etc story - If you have a day free then it's time for the greats - The Man who was Thursday, Manalive, The Napoleon of Notting Hill, The Ball & the Cross, The Flying Inn... Listened to "The Peacock Trees" on my kindle last night..it was gloriously escapist.

leutgeb said...

Well, it's going OK thanks and it's all very much what's happening now, so i'll stick with it for the time being and then move onto the other stuff.