Wednesday 12 October 2011

My favourite violin piece

Whittered on a bit about this yesterday, but my laptop at home is on it's last legs and crashed.  A precis about accompanying this on a traumatic day -  I fainted and bashed my horn in ( v ill in the U6, not fun,)  whilst my friend the violinist's sister was nearly tranferred from KCH to a psychiatric unit after being put on the wrong doasge of her epilepsy drugs; she started hallucinating and then threw a glass Ribena bottle against a wall.  Her  parents sorted that one out and then rushed back to Sidcup via public transport, couldn't get a cab and missed the concert.

Great piece and we gave it a rather more intense performance than Perlman does here, though you can't beat one of the world's greatest violinists.

Why am I going on about it now?  One cute 11 year old played it in a concert yesterday and made a very good job of it too. 

If we are into favourite violin concertos, it's Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven, Sibelius, Bach a minor, Elgar, Mendelssohn, Bruch( hate the slow mvt) in that order.

No comments: