Saturday 11 October 2008

Rosary Crusade

A beautiful sunny Autumn day for it. Lots of people, lots of pushchairs and marshals who say the rosary whilst marshaling.

How often do you get to sing Immaculate Mary whilst walking past Harrods? Not often, I bet.

Brompton Oratory stuffed full of people singing is pretty great too.

Let's hope that has an effect on the passing or not of the HFE Bill.

The only sour note was on the way home when some pupils from my old school shouted, 'There's Miss Leutgeb,' at me a number of times outside the station. I just carry on walking when this happens. London is so crowded and my name so common, who's to say it's me? Maybe other professions get shouted at in the street, but I've never heard of it. Paramedic brother has people shout,' Oi Greenie, who's dead?' now and then, but it's not directed at him personally. I did leave that school over three years ago too.

5 comments:

gemoftheocean said...

I don't see the shouting as a sour note at all!!!

Those kids will know you have the courage to stand up for your convictions. God Bless you for that.

leutgeb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
leutgeb said...

That probably sounded a little hectering.

Suffice to say the shrieking girls were shouting at me outside a central London mainline station and were nowhere near the Rosary Crusade.

Persecuted for being a teacher, not a Catholic, on this occasion.

gemoftheocean said...

Hey, smile and wave a middle finger! ;-D Or is that a reverse "V" for you?!

leutgeb said...

In my dreams GOTO along with a little blue cloud above me. Not a possiblilty, alas, but thanks for the thought.