Monday 28 January 2008

Poland

Over here at bara brith, we are able to take an almost personal interest in all visitors as you are so few. A blogging hamlet. I am perfectly happy with that and have no wish to be a big blog.

So I am pleased to say that I've had a few visits from Warsaw today, so, 'welcome.'

Lots of Poles in the UK just now of course and I look forward to going to Mass at Westminster Cathedral next Wed for Ash Wednesday. Last year (as every year I am sure,) the Cathedral was packed and many people looked young and East European. It seemed on leaving that everyone in Victoria Street had a cross on their foreheads. 'This is what it must be like in a Catholic country,' thought I.

5 comments:

Paulinus said...

You'll have more when I link to you this week ;-)

leutgeb said...

Thank you very much, Paulinus.

I've laughed lots and lots reading your blog.

I especially like you labels - idiots, furry friends etc.

Also, I still smile thinking about when you had a pop at bidding prayers.
And now a skate boarding dog (or was it a duck,) bong!

leutgeb said...

Oops, of course I should add you and quite a few others to my blog roll. How rude, sorry.

gemoftheocean said...

What does the title of your blog mean?

Karen

leutgeb said...

Karen,

It means spotty bread in Welsh. It's a type of fruity tea bread that my Dad likes a lot. So when we are Wales we are always going into bakeries to buy loaves of it. You can have it in cafes and tea shops too, usually served buttered.

So no obvious relationship to Catholicism.

It's pronounced bara breeth, btw.