Saturday 29 September 2007

Catholic Blogger Quiz

I've been thingied by Mac.

1. Do you attend the Traditional Latin Mass or the Novus Ordo?

The Novus Ordo because that's what there is in my parish. (Although it would just be called the Mass because we don't know about fancy stuff out here.) No silly stuff, though I fear that may be trickling in. The old parishoners who are really great people and have, for example, furnished the church very beautifully are dying out leaving some of the silly stuff. Bit out of step with the blogosphere and the HF. Though the PP is a top man, the silly stuff, such as it is, comes from parishoners.

We do have the Syro-Malabar Rite too though, thanks to some scheme whereby we get a different Indian Priest each year as the assistant priest. There are lots of Indian families in the parish who seem very serious and devout in Church. Good thing. Great priests too. I should go to that too sometime.

For TLM I could/should pop over to Blackfen on Sats (Yes Mac) and could get to the odd one in Central London during the week.

2. If you attend the TLM, how far do you drive to get there?

A couple of miles to Blackfen, a couple of tube stops from work to Brompton Oratory et al in London.

3. If you had to apply a Catholic label to yourself, what would it be?

One who blogs much and prays too little. (Is that a label?)

Glancing through my new Missal says a rubbbish one.

A friend of mine once said he didn't want to have any label, just an ordinary Catholic who goes to Mass on Sunday etc, but that seems to put you into an extreme category in England now.

If Catholic means universal, how can you then put a label. Surely, it should not be qualified otherwise we get into a Protestant, ' Are you a proper Catholic?' type situation which is not what we are about. What happened to the 'all in it together, everyone's very welcome' attitude?

There was a nasty article in the Catholic Herald last week about lapsed and shadow Catholics. What a corrosive concept shadow Catholic is. (Basically defined as there to get their kids into a Catholic School, whilst not believing it or even trying to believe it.) I know there are people who do that, or maybe it tips the balance for them to go to Mass (?) but I don't want that thought in my head when I shake someone's hand at Mass, thank you very much.

4. Are you a comment junkie?

I often write comments and then delete them.

I'm very opiniated and the rest of the world doesn't need that inflicted on them. (See above.)

5. Do you go back to read the comments on the blogs you’ve commented on?

Yes, because it's good to know how other people react and some people are very funny.

6. Have you ever left an anonymous comment on another blog?

Yes. Is that a bad thing? Shyness really.

7. Which blogroll would you most like to be on?

Mulier Fortis and Fr Justin because I am! Thank you!

8. Which blog is the first one you check?

Fr Tim is blog central, but I like the blog and links to the more girly blogs from Mac.
I like reading a mixture of news, spiritual stuff and family, cooking, kids, domestic things.

9. Have you met any other bloggers in person?

Mac, Fr Tim, Fr John Boyle, The Sisters of the Gospel of Life, Joanna Bogle (once), a couple of Fr Ray's parishoners.

10. What are you reading?

My new old Missal.

Bonus Question! Has your site been banned by Spirit of Vatican II?

Dunno.
The links from my blog, plus too many pictures of the Holy Father (smiling) and a Music Degree are probably enough to convict me! And I listen to Radio 3. Shockingly elitist!

Mac has already tagged everyone I read and it seems rude to raddomly tag people who don't know me in any sense. If you read this and want to have a go, then please consider yourself tagged. Let me know and I'll read it.

No comments: